April 15, 2011

23 Years In The Making

Filmed in Phoenix, AZ these guys played this casual game of wiffleball in a backyard in 1987. Friggin' 1987!!! This video is quite lengthy, 15 minutes to be precise but if you're wanting more there is a part 2. There is a vintage charm about this video that I find irresistible. The green tint of everything. The haircuts. The short shorts. The tracking of the tape constantly adjusting. It's a feast for the senses. I'd love to see some videos from before this era, I'm sure it'd be entertaining. I was a little disappointed at first because I thought it was another video made by the guys who made Wiffleball '78 (an amazing short film about wiffleball). After I found out that they didn't make it, I was a little disappointed. I don't think this video is amazing for it's content, just for the fact that it's one of the oldest videos of playing wiffleball on the web that I've found thus far. I figured it was worth sharing.

No comments:

Post a Comment