June 14, 2011

Washburn Wiffleball League Impresses

I was skeptical when all these NY leagues sprouted up seemingly overnight. I didn't think some of them would have the goods. Surely some of these leagues will be duds, I thought. To my surprise I was wrong, and in this circumstance that realization is met with cheerfulness rather than embarrassment. Chiefly among the leagues I expected to fail or at the very least stay under the radar was Washburn Wiffleball League. They have been uploading videos all season long and although their only in their 4th week I'm already a fan...the least I can do considering I expected them to flop. My apologies. I guess I just couldn't accept the fact that every league that has developed in one area so suddenly to be a success. There's an infant mortality rate of sorts that is very real among new leagues starting up. Many leagues never get a true start before being cut off and abandoned. It's a very easy thing to do, abandon such a big and time-consuming project. But WWL has brought the goods this season so far and I expect them to henceforth. Just what the Hell is going on in New York? What is in the water up there? NY has turned into a Galapagos for wiffleball leagues but I wonder how long that will last...

2 comments:

  1. I think u meant 4th week, instead of 4th season but thanks for the article ill post it to our site

    ReplyDelete