June 15, 2011

New League To Watch

I present to you another new league to enjoy what little spotlight this blog provides: the Berkshire Wiffleball Association. I don't know where they're located as of yet but if I had to guess I'd say New York (like every other new league). There's two things I noticed while watching this video: 1) the extreme width of their strikezone and 2) about 3 and a half minutes into the video some kid says "Bite a dick and hit the ball for [once]" as the batter he's scolding hits the ball. They appear to have a nice set up and the fielders can catch well. There's a lot of smart baserunning too, a lot of tagging up. I'm not sure how long this league has been around but I was impressed that they managed to not have rap music in the background. That's a rarity for a teenage league's highlights video.

3 comments:

  1. We're located in Massachusetts. We have a 7-8 fields we play on, each one having a different strike zone. Also the kid in the white cut off and the blue hat absolutely deals on the mound.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for telling us about your league. What town in Massachusetts do you guys play in (it's for the league directory)?

    ReplyDelete
  3. The majority of our players and fields are based out of Great Barrington, MA

    ReplyDelete