May 2, 2011

PWL's Joe Thaman throws Second no-hitter of 2011

The Potomac Wiffleball League pulled off a spectacular 17-game catchup to make up for last weeks rain-outs. Joe Thaman of Superman's Wheelchair threw a no-hitter in Week 1 but didn't sign the ball saying "I'll just sign one for the perfect game I'll throw next week." Week 2 was rained out but Thaman stayed true to his word and threw his second perfect game of the season this past Sunday. I'm not aware of any recent pitchers in the country to throw 2 perfect games so close to one another. Week 3 Player of the Week hasn't been announced for the PWL yet but I think it's safe to say this guy has it in the bag.

2 comments:

  1. PWL doesn't have walks. So technically they are just no hitters.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good point...I didn't know they didn't have walks.

    ReplyDelete