July 10, 2011

Wiffley Field / WSWL Begin Playoffs


"Home to Southern Illinois's finest wiffleball stadium" is what the local news had to say about Wiffley Field. I'd have to agree although I'm unaware of any competition for that claim. It's not like there's dozens of wiffleball stadiums in that area and Wiffley came out on top. But the guy who built the field has been working on it for the past 8 years. Clearly this guy really loves the game. Anyway, WSWL has began their playoffs already, making them the earliest league to have their playoffs (with the exception of Tampa Wiffleball League, of course) this year. They tried out a new angle for this video and you get to see a lot more of the field and don't really miss any plays. But there were no home run robs...what's up with that?

3 comments:

  1. Re: the WSWL video... Never thought I'd have the opportuniy to watch wiffleball from upper deck bleacher seats! Definitely different, and lends itself to some cool angles/shots: it really has that "sitting in the stands" at a baseball game feel, especially with the casual commentary.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha thanks man, that's my video. There's a football stadium behind our field so I was on top of it and it gives a cool upper deck feel like you said so I tried it out. I think I might stick with it or even have two cameras, one there and one behind the plate to give it even more depth! Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with brandon, the upper deck feel adds just that little bit of extra something.

    ReplyDelete