September 6, 2011

Oh Those Pre-Teens...


This must be their first boy-girl party. I remember my first girl-boy party. It was my 13th birthday party. Only one girl showed up. I never said it was a good boy-girl party, but since there was a girl there - it counts. Anyway I'm sure this party went through the usual motions where the guys stand in one area growing into their faces while the girls huddle on the opposite side of the room fiddling with their braces. The only thing that makes those awkward moments worse is when Will Smith's "Big Willie Style" is blaring from a boombox in the corner. So after the music is either changed or turned off the mingling finally begins. Among boys of varying heights we find David Holland - who apparently gallivants around parties without socks or a shirt.

It seems that a wiffleball bat can be summoned, seemingly from nowhere, in moments of sheer boredom to be used as an instrument of violence. Nothing breaks the ice at a party better than inflicting pain on someone using a yellow plastic bat! You can add this to the growing pile of intentionally hitting people with a wiffleball bat. I keep saying to myself that I've seen them all but soon enough another one is uploaded and I find myself wondering when everyone is going to realize that a wiffleball bat does, in fact, hurt quite a big when swung at full force upon someone's body. Why accept facts when you can hurt somebody, right?

I wonder if they used the chandelier as a piñata after everyone was tired of being hit?

1 comment: